Dear BSC parishioners,
We are grateful to the Malaysian and State governments for implementing the Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) from June 10 to August 31 2020. This is possible due to the hard work of many government personnels, citizens and many others. As mentioned on 7 June by the Prime Minister, Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, almost all social, religious, business and educational activities are allowed to resume in stages under strict SOPs during the RMCO.
I am certain that many are eagerly waiting for the church to be opened for worship. However, do note that we need to have in place the SOPs before we can open the Church. We are now waiting for the SOPs for Churches to be approved by the relevant authorities. Once approved, we can open the Blessed Sacrament Church in stages. Large gatherings will still not be allowed and we foresee that the church will be opened for a small number of people only.
In the meantime, we need to prepare the Church for its opening. Social distancing markings, cleaning of the church, etc, need to be done. The Parish is indeed grateful and blessed for the many people who are helping out in one way or another.
The schedule for the opening will be announced in time to come. In the meantime, all parishioners will have to continue to attend the Holy Mass online.
If you have any needs or queries, do call or message the Parish Office at the number provided below. Do note that all visitors to the Parish Office are to observe the Office SOPs.
What can we expect?
We are all advised to practice a strict personal hygiene. Common SOPs are now being observed in premises and public areas. This is the ‘new normal’ that we face. We will expect the same in the Church. These are:
- to wear mask at all times,
- to maintain social distancing of 1 meter,
- to sanitise hands and avoid touching the face,
- to provide your contact details and have your temperature taken, and
- to stay at home when having a fever, symptoms of cough, running nose, etc.
In the meantime …
- Pray for an end to the Covid-19 pandemic and a vaccine to be found.
- Practice personal hygiene and stay safe.
- Download useful App like Universalis, Ibreviary, Laudate for Mass texts and other prayers.
- Download government App like Qmunity, Covid Trace, MySejahtera for contact tracing purposes and other information.
- Make your Church contribution via SarawakPay or other digital means.
I wish all of you a Happy Feast Day of the Corpus Christi, the feast of our Blessed Sacrament Parish.
Fr Patrick Heng
12 June 2020
BSC Parish Office Tel: 082-578857. WhatsApp: 011-5507 8570