Dear BSC parishioners,
Great news indeed! The State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) has allowed all non-Muslim places of worship in the State to open effective 20 June. As of now, we have received the SOP from UNIFOR and the Parish has adapted this SOP with the Archdiocesan SOP. We still need the BSC SOP to be approved by the relevant authorities. We hope to be able to reopen the Church in July.
SOP: What can we expect?
Common SOPs now being observed apply to the Church as well. These are:
- To wear face mask at all times,
- To maintain social distancing of 1 meter,
- To sanitise hands and avoid touching the face,
- To provide your contact details and have your temperature taken, and
- To stay at home when having a fever, symptoms of cough, running nose, etc.
Church SOP: What can we expect?
In addition to the above SOP, the Church SOP covers the following:
- Although the State government has allowed a maximum of 250 persons, with social distancing seating, the maximum number of people for a Mass in Blessed Sacrament Church is 200 people.
- Children 12 years and below are not allowed to come to church.
- All are to receive Holy Communion on the hand.
- To sanitise the Church, toilets and public areas after every use.
What can we expect when the Church reopens?
- All are to enter the Church compound via one designated gate. This means that you will need to come early to Church.
- All are to enter the Church via the Main Door and to provide your name, contact details and have your temperature taken.
- All are to bring your own necessary personal items like face mask, hand sanitiser, pen, etc.
How can I attend a Mass in the Church?
- We are still working out how to determine the 200 persons attending a Mass.
- It is very likely that you will need to pre-book a seat.
- You will not be able to attend Mass in the Church every Sunday. In view of the limited seats, you are invited to practise charity by giving opportunity for others to come to the Church for Sunday Mass.
- Online Live-streaming of the Mass will continue as the majority of Catholics will not be able to attend Mass in the Church in view of limited seats.
What can I do now?
- Continue to pray for an end to the Covid-19 pandemic and a vaccine to be found.
- Download useful Apps like Universalis, Ibreviary, Laudate for Mass texts and other prayers.
- Download government Apps like MySejahtera or Covid Trace for contact tracing purposes and other information.
- Make your Church contribution via SarawakPay or other digital means.
In the meantime, all parishioners will have to continue to attend the Holy Mass online.
If you have any needs or queries, do call the Parish Office (082-578857) or WhatsApp us (011-5507 8570). Do note that all visitors to the Parish Office are to observe the Office SOPs.
I entrust all of you and the Parish to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Wishing all of you a Happy Blessed Sunday and Happy Father’s Day to all fathers.
Fr Patrick Heng
19 June 2020
Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus