In responding to the call by our Holy Father Pope Francis, in his Encyclical Laudato Si, to care for the earth and protect the environment, we are implementing a Reduce, Reuse and Recycle Quality and a No Plastics Policy in the church.
We recognise that many groups in our church use the kitchen resources as a support for their ministries. The procedures setforth reflect the requirements for all to maintain when using the kitchen and sharing the quipments/appliances/utensils/cutlery etc. in support of the initiative.
- All users must sign in/sign out the Kitchen Log-in Sheet.
- If any utensils and equipments are used for a function, Form CJ/1 must be completed.
- All dishes, utensils, pots, pans, cutlery, mugs, cups, etc, after use, are to be washed/cleaned,
- air dried and put back in the appropriate marked storage space/boxes/cupboards/pantry shelves where they are located. Dishwashing enzymes are encouraged to be used.
- RESTITUTION: The event leader overseeing the function must record and inform the Parish Office of any damage or loss occurring during the event. Generally, the Ministry/Group will be charged for the replacement of missing or broken items.
- All trash must be properly bagged and placed in the exterior dumpster at the end of the function.
- All recyclables must be segregated and disposed in the appropriate recycle bins provided marked:
(i) Paper (ii) Glass (iii) Metal (iv) General Waste
Thank you for your cooperation in assuming responsibility for the use and clean condition of the church-owned equipment, appliances, dishes, utensils, etc.
Creation Justice Sub-Committee
10 July 2019
TEMPLATE ON USING OF KITCHEN AND CHURCH-OWNED EQUIPMENT, APPLIANCES AND UTENSILS
Please notify Parish Office of:
- Any damage or loss of items during the event . Generally, the Ministry/Group will be charged for the replacement of the missing or damaged items.
- If and when repairs are needed on any equipment or appliances etc. Please do not attempt to make repairs on your own.