As a show of support for Our Lady of Fatima’s 15th Annual Worldwide Children’s Eucharistic Holy Hour, the BSC Faith Formation Committee – Sunday School, took great pains to put together a lovely programme in answer to Her call.
Organised for 10 successive years at BSC, it comes as no surprise that this year’s celebration would surpass the previous years’.
The evening of October 13, 2017 started with the lighting of the Unity Candle at the church grotto, followed by a short procession bearing the statue of Fatima, Queen of the Holy Rosary, towards the main entrance of the church.
Pretty flower girls carrying lights in the shape of colourful flowers representing the 5 continents of Africa, the Americas, Europe, Oceania, and Asia, added an air of nostalgia to the procession.
This year’s theme was ‘In honour of Our Lady of Fatima’, as it is also the 100th Year Anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima.
The intentions for the Worldwide Children’s Eucharistic Holy Hour were:
- To console the Eucharistic Heart of Jesus
- To pray for the families of the children present and all the families of the world
- For the Holy Father, for his protection and the success of his mission on earth
- To pray for the intentions placed in the Petition Basket
The night’s elaborate programme included:
- A student’s Presentation
- Prayer to Saints Francisco and Jacinta Marto
- Crowning of the statue of Our Lady of Fatima
- Short Video Presentation
- Exposition of the Most Blessed Sacrament
- Prayers of the Angel of Peace
- Entrustment Prayer to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Three Minutes Silence
- Recitation of the World Mission Rosary
- Benediction of the Most Blessed Sacrament
The night ended with the children ‘giving’ their flowers to our Blessed Mother while the choir and everyone present sang ‘Praise Her with a Flower’.