BSC KUCHING: Much to the delight of Sunday School teachers, students and parishioners, the 20th Annual Worldwide Children’s Eucharistic Holy Hour (WWCEHH) was celebrated on 7 October at Blessed Sacrament Church. This followed two years of livestream service because of the pandemic.
The candlelit procession commenced from Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto with the lighting of the Unity Candle.
It proceeded to the entrance of the Church with youth bearers carrying the statue of Our Lady of Fatima and beautiful flower girls carrying bouquets of flowers.
The intentions of WWCEHH were presented at the annual event and they included:
- To repent for offences against God due to the sins of men and women.
- To pray for the families of the children present and all the families of the world.
- For the Holy Father, for his protection and the success of his mission on earth.
- For an end to the pandemic.
- For the long-awaited Hastening of the Triumph of Our Lady’s Immaculate Heart.
- To pray for the intentions placed in the Petition Basket.
A prayer to Sts Jacinta and Francisco Marto for protection and an end to the Pandemic was followed by the crowning of the statue of Our Lady of Fatima, to the musical accompaniment of the song, SALVE, REGINA (Hail Holy Queen), and the theme song, “We are the children of the World”, by the Sunday School choir.
This was followed by Exposition and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament by Fr Patrick Heng.
Five (5) students dressed in different colours representing the five continents namely Africa, America, Europe, Oceania and Asia proceeded to lead the Rosary.
A final hymn, “Praise Her with a Flower” was sung when five students presented a beautiful stalk of fresh rose, each of a different colour, to Our Blessed Mother, to represent the five Continents.
The WWCEHH was organised by the Bible and Faith Formation Committee of BSC.
By Ivy Chai
Photos: Peter Chai